- 1 large acorn squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 medium avocado cut into chunks
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast for cheesy flavor
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Trim about 1/2 inch from each end of squash; discard. Slice remaining midsection of squash crosswise into 4 (3/4-inch-thick) rounds. Remove seeds and membrane with a spoon.
- Brush both sides of squash with oil, and place on baking sheet. Season with salt and crushed red pepper.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until squash is just fork tender.
- Remove baking sheet from oven. Crack an egg into the center of each acorn half. Return to oven, reduce oven temperature to 350° and bake for 12 minutes or until eggs are cooked. Transfer to plates using a wide spatula; sprinkle with one or all of the additional toppings. Enjoy warm.