Hard training needs hearty breakfasts. Avocado pancakes are a solid breakfast for any fitness regimen. Plus, you can make pancakes without all the flour. Avocado makes any base extra creamy and fatty with ample omegas — try this basic recipe for flourless avocado banana pancakes that’ll blow your mind.
Related: Avocado: The Good Kind of Fat
Banana Avocado Pancakes
- 1 medium avocado, ripe
- 1 medium banana, overripe
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ cup quick oats
- ¼ cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, divided (optional)
Related: Avocado Spread: Put It On Anything
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. (Add a dab of coconut oil if you choose.)
- Mix all ingredients in a blender.
- If using coconut oil, place a small amount in pan to coat. (Save some for each pancake.)
- Pour ¼ of the batter into the pan and cook 3-4 minutes each side. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until the batter is gone. Top with your favorite berries, nut butter, or honey and enjoy!