Hard training needs hearty breakfasts. Avocado pancakes are a solid breakfast for any fitness regiment.
You can make pancakes without all the flour. Avocado makes any base extra creamy and fatty with omegas.
Here is a basic recipe for flourless Avocado Banana Pancakes.
Avocado Banana Pancakes
- 1 medium avocado, ripe
- 1 medium banana, overripe
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ cup quick oats
- ¼ cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, divided (optional)
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat (add a dab of coconut oil if you choose)
- Mix all ingredients in a blender
- If using coconut oil, place a small amount in pan to coat (save some for each pancake)
- Pour ¼ of the batter into the pan and cook 3-4 minutes each side. Repeat steps 3 & 4 until batter is gone. Top with your favorite berries, nut butter, or honey and enjoy!
Beast Mode: Avocado Banana Pancakes by David Sherotski