Recovery doesn’t mean inactivity. In fact, movement will help you heal.
Keep the blood flowing. Just don’t overdue it.
Besides many people have a hard time taking time off. Maybe it’s a Spartan thing. If we don’t have a workout planned, we don’t know what to do with ourselves.
In order to give you something to do instead of doing a soul crushing workout, here are some of the best activities to do on a recovery day that will help you heal, and maybe also help you check off your to-dos.
Active Recovery Suggestions:
- Do yard work. It’s spring clean up time. Bust your ass and get it done.
- Hand-wash your car. Wax it too. Clean the interior until it looks brand new
- Use a foam roller. Sure, watch Netflix while you do it. Just work those muscles.
- Take a yoga class. Most places will let you drop on in without a membership. Don’t worry about what kind of yoga. Any kind of yoga is better than no yoga.
- Go on a hike. No running. Keep it to a walk. Breath deep. Enjoy the woods. Go somewhere, just don’t be in a hurry.
- Go grocery shopping. Buy healthy whole foods. Cook an amazing dinner.
- Ride a bike. This low impact activity will get your heart rate up without banging your body up. Just keep it easy. Do it with your friends or kids.
- Swim. Again, go easy. Swim some easy laps or swim some open water. Keep it to just 20 minutes and don’t go hard.