Injury prevention starts with proper recovery. Stability and mobility are the foundation of today’s active rest. Basic movement processes to reinforce the total body unit will help to absorb forces throughout the course and will help maintain your posture and your movements regardless of if you’re sitting at a desk or if you are carrying a sandbag throughout your favorite Spartan course.
This workout is designed to be performed in a circuit. Perform each exercise in order once, then begin again at the top. Because this is an “active rest” workout, your perceived exertion should be should be challenging, but not strenuous.
1/2 Mile Jog – PRE 6-7 – What’s RPE?
Wall Squats – 4 sets of 12 reps PRE 6-7
- Intermediate – Add a pancake or weight Goblet Hold
- Advanced – Add a pancake or weight press overhead press
Shoulder Taps – 4 sets of 12 reps PRE 6-7
- Intermediate-Advanced: Perform your favorite push up variation between each shoulder tap
Arm Bar – 4 sets of :45 second hold PRE 6-7
- Intermediate – Advanced: Try placing a weight in your arm and allow your shoulders to stabilize against an increased gravitational pull.
SL Reach – 4 sets of 12 reps PRE 6-7
Plank Saw – 4 sets of 12 reps PRE 6-7
- Intermediate: Try putting your feet on a towel on a floor that is easier to slide along
- Advanced: Try putting your feet or your arms on physioball
Leg Lowering – 4 sets of 12 reps PRE 6-7
Dead Bug – 4 sets of 12 reps PRE 6-7
- Intermediate-Advanced: Try holding a physioball between your arms and knees. Hold the ball in place as your arms and legs extend
Foam Roll any muscles you feel excessive soreness or tightness
Commit in 2018. Download The Spartan 2018 Race Schedule. #noexcuses