Get ready for a meal fortified in healthy omega-3 fats and full of protein. Gourmet doesn’t have to be complicated. This simple meal will satisfy.
Ginger and Fig Glazed Salmon
Makes 4 servings
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 ½ Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp orange zest
- 1 cup figs, stemmed and sliced
- 1 pound salmon fillets, cut into 4 pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and zest in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly to avoid burning and blend thoroughly. When mixture begins to steam, stir in ginger and figs and stir an additional 5 minutes to allow figs to soften slightly and absorb the flavors.
- Place salmon filets on the prepared baking sheet. Spoon half the figs into a small bowl and set aside.
- Layer the remaining figs on top of the salmon and pour the sauce over filets and figs.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately. Use the small bowl of figs as additional garnish.
Why eat salmon?
Serve leftover salmon on this salad.