This swiss chard frittata recipe will invigorate your day with a breakfast that will fuel you. Especially on a cold day, enjoy a nice frittata.
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup grated Swiss Cheese
- 1/2 bunch (about 6 1/2 cups) Swiss Chard
- 1 large white onion (about 2 cups), thinly sliced
- 2 tsp coconut oil, divided
- Pink Himalayan sea salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- 1 Chomps Original Turkey snack stick, cut into bite sized pieces (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a large (oven safe) skillet, heat 1 tsp oil over low heat. We recommend a 10 inch cast iron skillet so you can easily transfer the dish into the oven directly from the stove top.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, egg whites, swiss cheese, salt, and pepper.
Add onion to skillet and cook 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions become translucent.
- While onions cook: Wash swiss chard and separate the leaves from the stalks by cutting away or simply using your hands. Cut both leaves and stalk into 1 inch pieces.
- Increase skillet heat to medium and add remaining oil and swiss chard stalks to the onions. Cook 3-4 minutes, then add swiss chard leaves. Cook onions and chard until onions are caramelized and chard leaves are wilted (about 5 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low, add egg mixture, and stir to mix all ingredients. If you’re opting for more protein and flavor, add in your Chomps snack stick now. Allow to cook 6-8 minutes until edges begin to set.
- Transfer to oven and cook 5-6 minutes, or until eggs are cooked through.Remove from oven and transfer to a plate. Enjoy fresh or store in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
Beast Mode Frittata
by Carrie Moody @fitbalancenutrition_rd