New Media & the Big Ship of Fitness
Mind Pump host and fitness/wellness guru Sal DiStefano sits down with Spartan Race founder Joe De Sena to talk about new media, the state of the fitness industry and what you can do today to be stronger and healthier.
You may be fast at something, but are you efficient? Repetitive frequency of proper skills builds effective health and wellness regiments—getting you to your maximum potential. This week we have Sal DiStefano back on the podcast, discussing the platforms of “new media” and their role in shifting the “big ship” of fitness.
- Podcasts are like the new “Guttenberg Printing Press,” causing a new media communication revolution.
- Fitness versus Wellness: address mental, physical and spiritual to solve the US health epidemic.
- Most chronic disease can be solved by changes in lifestyle and attitude.
- Fitness and health are empowering.
- The internal “locus” of control is knowing you can do something for yourself to improve your situation.
- Speak your message in a way that empowers people.
- If you do one form of exercise, Sal says make it resistance training.
- Weights are the most modifiable form of resistance training.
- Change bad patterns by repeating good patterns frequently and often.
- Frequency is important when it comes to movement and health.
MInd Pump https://www.mindpumpmedia.com/
This episode is brought to you by FITAID. Visit FORTHEFITAID.com and sign up to win an amazing Grand Prize package from FitAid and Spartan, monthly Spartan prize packs, and more! FITAID – Recovery for YOUR active lifestyle.
1:30 Interview begins
2:00 Spartan Tea : “He of the Iron”
4:30 Mind Pump comes to Spartan
5:30 Podcasts as “new media”
7:20 Why “old media” is dying
8:00 An overlying purpose of fitness
9:00 Wellness as a solution to the health epidemic
9:40 Spartan women
10:45 Chronic disease and the need to change your lifestyle
11:00 Internal “locus” of control
11:25 Empowerment through speech
11:45 shifting the big ship of fitness
12:25 FitAID break
13:50 Interview continues
14:00 Recommendations for getting started in exercise
15:20 Significance of resistance training
16:30 Weights as a modifiable form of resistance training
18:00 Joe’s non-negotiable exercises
19:40 The human body and efficiency
21:00 Pattern interrupt
22:00 Frequency in movement and health
23:30 Problems with training to fatigue
26:22 Sefra, Angel, Johnny & Joe discuss the interview
30:00 FitAID close
Apple Podcasts: http://bit.ly/SpartanUpShow
Google Play: http://bit.ly/SpartanUpPlay
FOLLOW SPARTAN UP:
Spartan Up on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/spartanuppodcast/
Spartan Up on Twitter https://twitter.com/SpartanUpPod
Producer – Marion Abrams, Madmotion, llc.
Hosts: Joe De Sena with Johnny Waite, Sefra Alexandra, Col. Tim Nye and guest host Angel Sanz.
Synopsis – Sefra Alexandra
Production Assistant – Andrea Hagarty
© 2018 Spartan