Simple. Nutritious. Delicious. Power yourself with easy and healthy meals like this one pot casserole.
Ingredients: Serves 8-10
- 2 ½ cups cooked green lentils
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp each dried thyme, oregano, and basil
- 4 cups coarsely chopped Swiss chard, or kale, or collard greens
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400˚F
- Stir the cooked lentils into a large casserole dish, season with salt and pepper as desired
- In a large frying pan, heat 2 Tbsp coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute until translucent. Stir in the garlic, spices, and herbs and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often
- Stir in chopped greens and saute just until they are wilted and completely covered in the spices
- Scoop the greens on top of the lentils. Make four small indents in the greens and crack the eggs into each. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the whites are set but the yolks are still soft. Makes a great breakfast or dinner.
Jo Thrasher is a self-taught home cook who loves feeding people real food. She is passionate about sharing recipes on her blog joeats.net and can usually be found cooking, eating, practicing yoga, or with a camera in her hand. She currently resides in the suburbs of PA with her husband and two cats.