One of the World’s Fittest Men, began his journey to health at 39. As a full-time ultra-endurance athlete, Wellness Evangelist & plant-based nutrition advocate- he believes we all must “be more audacious in our aspirations.” On this episode he allows us to rethink our relationship with nutrition, our obsession with protein and how to access our “vast reservoirs of untapped potential.”
Listen audio only
- Ask yourself what you want your life experience to be
- Always strive to maximize your potential
- Don’t let perfection be the enemy of progress to your fitness and nutrition
- Mood Follows Action : train yourself to be consistent regardless of your emotional state
- Don’t be afraid to set goals that scare you
6:30: Plant based diet isn’t just celery & carrots
7:15: How to promote longevity
11:00: Are you a fan of moderation or prone to extremes?
12:20: An existential crisis at 39 years old: being pudgy & a heart scare
12:45: Recalibrate your relationship with food, nutrition & fitness
13:15: Rehab for food: a seven day juice cleanse
14:25: Understanding the growth and evolution of plant based diets
Spartan Up! is a weekly audio/video podcast; a Spartan Race for the mind. The show focuses on the Spartan mindset and how we define and achieve success in all walks of life.
FOLLOW SPARTAN UP
Producer – Marion Abrams, Madmotion, llc.
Hosts – Joe De Sena with Johnny Waite, Sefra Alexandra, & Col. Tim Nye
Synopsis – Matt Baatz