News from within and around the world of Spartan.
- March 3rd and 4th: Las Vegas Super and Sprint Weekend. The weekend includes kid’s races. The venue is the Mesquite MX Park, a particularly good venue for Hurricane Heat. An Obstacle Specialist training course will be held on Friday, March 2.
- The Spartan 2018 Mountain Series Presented by the U.S. Air Force has been announced. Six mountains with more than 29,000 feet of total elevation and more than 80 miles and 250 obstacles. It gets rolling on May 5 in Montana. More info here.
- A free mountain training plan is now available.
- Is it possible to train for a high-altitude race at sea-level? It may not be ideal, but here’s what you can do.
- More on how to train for a mountain race.
- Letter from Dubai. Spartans send a dispatch from the Middle East.
- Heading to the Arnold Sports Festival and Fitness EXPO, March 1 to 4? Spartan will be there and we’d love for you to look us up. Here are some details:
Arnold Sports Festival is the Largest Multi Sport event next to the olympics.Perspective:
- Winter games- 15 separate sports
- Summer games- 42 separate sports
- Arnold- 70 separate sports are representedFit Expo-
- 5 US events in 2018
- No international events
- 4 sport representations
- 50,000 attendees
- 2 day expo
- 1 US event in 2018
- 5 International events
- 70+ sports represented
- 220,000 attendees
- 4 days of competitions
- 3 days of adult expo Down Town
- 2 days of Kids expo Fairgrounds Expo hall
- Tim Olson, Western States 100 record holder, offers some great tips on mindfulness in ultra-running.