This workout is designed to be performed in a circuit. Perform each exercise in order once, then begin again at the top. Because this is an “active rest” workout, your rate of perceived exertion (RPE) should be challenging, but not strenuous.
1/2 Mile Jog – RPE 6-7
Wall sits – 3 sets of 10-30 seconds PRE 6-7
- Intermediate – Add a pancake or weight with goblet squat hold
- Advanced – Add a pancake or weight press overhead press
Plank with Shoulder Taps – 3 sets of 12 reps PRE 6-7
- Intermediate-Advanced: Perform your favorite push up variation between each shoulder tap
Arm Bar – 3 sets of :35 second hold PRE 6-7
- Intermediate – Advanced: Try placing a weight in your arm and allow your shoulders to stabilize against an increased gravitational pull.
SL Reach – 3 sets of 12 reps PRE 6-7
- Advanced: SL RDL w/ Pancake
Plank Saw – 3 sets of 12 reps PRE 6-7
- Intermediate: Try putting your feet on a towel on a floor that is easier to slide along
- Advanced: Try putting your feet or your arms on physioball
Leg Lowering – 3 sets of 12 reps PRE 6-7
Dead Bug – 3 sets of 12 reps PRE 6-7
- Intermediate-Advanced: Try holding a physioball between your arms and knees. Hold the ball in place as your arms and legs extend
Pull out your favorite Acumobility SPARTAN Ball or Acumobility SPARTAN Eclipse Roller. Spend anywhere from 30 seconds to 3 minutes on each muscle, depending on tightness.
Today, you will want to release your:
- Lats (under your shoulder blades)
- Pecs (below the front of your shoulder socket)
- Calfs (lower leg)
Ready for tomorrow?
Start Stadium Sprint Training Plan from the beginning?
Subscribe to the Spartan Workout of the Day to get your week of workouts and a featured exercise sent to your inbox each week.