Spartans, we are now entering our third week of our four week Spartan Race Stadium Series Training Program. With this week, we want to develop our precision and our technique. In order to do this, we must focus on repetition. But I want to challenge you.
Normally with increases in repetition, we decrease in our weight. Resist this mindset. This is your strongest building week of the program. Try to increase your repetitions using the same weight that you used for your strength sets last week. You’ll be surprised with what your body can do.
Pancake Swings – 10 Sets of 30 seconds work, 15 seconds rest at a 9 RPE
- Start in your hip hinge, grasp the pancake and pull it directly behind you. As your hips thrust forward and you stand up, allow your arms to swing upward while maintaining straight arms as the pancake comes to shoulder height.
REST 2 MINUTES BEFORE CONTINUING ON TO THE FOLLOWING SUPERSET
1 – Pull Ups – 4 Sets of 10 Reps – 9 RPE
- Beginner – Band Assisted or Jumping
- Intermediate – Body Weight
- Advanced – Towel or Rope Pull Ups
1 – Deadlifts – 5 Sets of 6 Reps – 9 RPE
1 – Double Arm Suitcase Carry – 5 Rounds of 100 meter Walks – 9 RPE
- Advanced – Try Single Arm
- Tip: Make sure to keep your torso upright and your hips and shoulders square.
REST 2-5 MINUTES BETWEEN EACH SET BEFORE MOVING TO THE FOLLOWING SUPERSET
2 – Bent Over Row – 4 Sets of 15 Reps – 7 RPE
- Intermediate-Advanced: Try holding the pancake in one hand.
2 – Lat Pull Down – 4 Sets of 15 Reps – 7 RPE
- If you do not have access to a Lat Pull Down machine, hold a towel or a light band overhead in both hands, and pull your elbows to inside while the towel or band lowers to your chest.
2 – Lunges – 4 Sets of 15 Reps (Each Leg) – 7 RPE
- Beginner – Body Weight
- Intermediate – Spartan Pancake at Sides
- Advanced – Spartan Pancake overhead
REST 30 SECONDS – 1 MINUTE BETWEEN ROUNDS, NO REST BETWEEN EXERCISES
Cardio Burn Out:
- Incline Treadmill/ Hill walking – 6 Rounds
- ¼ mile incline walking with your Spartan bucket or pancake
- ¼ mile incline walking with no weight
- End with one final (7th) round of ¼ mile incline walking
Try to keep your RPE between 8-9 throughout this final burn out.
Today, you will want to release your:
- Lats (under your shoulder blades)
- Pecs (below the front of your shoulder socket)
- Calfs (lower leg)
- Hamstrings (back of upper leg)
A more advanced Spartan may also require a hip flexor releases just above your front hip bone.
Ready for tomorrow?
Start Stadium Sprint Training Plan from the beginning?
Subscribe to the Spartan Workout of the Day to get your week of workouts and a featured exercise sent to your inbox each week.