This is it, Spartans. If you have timed out this training to coincide with your Spartan Race Stadium Series race, this will be your last training day before race day.
Just like our pulling workout from Monday, you will keep your weight the same from the previous weeks, but we are dropping down our sets and repetitions. Continue to push yourself today. Try to mimic the same intensity that you will exhibit on race day throughout these shortened sets. Today is your last day to refine any other strength-based movements that you will use during the stadium race.
This workout is designed with 1 singular explosive exercise immediately followed by 3 supersets. Perform each exercise in superset once before doing the super set again. The last superset is a HIIT burnout set.
- To perform this, place your pancake on a floor thats easy to slide along. With your hands on the sides of the pancake, focus on your glutes as you push along the ground, propelling the pancake forward.
Super set 1:
1- Goblet Squat – 2 sets of 8 (8 PRE)
1- Push Ups – 2 sets of 8 based on your skill level (8 PRE)
- Choose the push up variation (incline, floor level, decline) specific to your skill.
- Tip: Challenge yourself to stay off the knees. Instead, recover in a downward dog between each rep.
Super Set 2:
2- Squat and Press – 2 sets of 8 (7 PRE)
- Intermediate: Try holding a pancake/ weight in each hand
- Advanced: Try holding one pancake or weight in one hand. You will need to perform this exercises for both sides 4 times.
2- Step Ups – 2 sets of 8 (7 PRE)
- Tip: Where you hold your pancake will change the resistance placed on the body. Find a grip and positioning thats challenging for you.
Super Set 3:
3- Pancake Slams – 3 sets of 38 seconds with 30 seconds rest (PRE 8)
3- Plank – 3 sets of 30 seconds with 30 seconds rest (PRE 8)
This last superset is a mini HIIT burnout round. Perform one set of slams and one set of planks in succession with 20 seconds rest in between each exercise.
Today, you will want to release your:
- Pecs (below the front of your shoulder socket)
- Calfs (lower leg)
- Hamstrings (back of upper leg)
- IT Band (outer hip to your outer knee)
A more advanced Spartan may also require a hip flexor releases just above your front hip bone.
Ready for tomorrow?
Start Stadium Sprint Training Plan from the beginning?
Subscribe to the Spartan Workout of the Day to get your week of workouts and a featured exercise sent to your inbox each week.