We bet you’re probably buying some sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving Dinner. If you end up with a few spare spuds, here is a great way to turn them into a nutritious dessert.
Sweet Potato Cookies
Makes ~8 servings based on cookie size
- 1 cup shredded raw sweet potato
- ¾ cup spinach (or blanch cooked and cooled Swiss Chard from last week)
- ⅔ cup cane sugar
- 1 ½ cups flour of your choice
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup milk of your choice (coconut recommended)
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and peel sweet potato. Shred sweet potato using a cheese grater.
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl and stir until well combined to form a batter.
- Scoop 8 heaping tablespoons of cookie mix onto baking sheet and lightly flatten with the back side of a large spoon until the shape resembled a cookie.
- Bake ~10 minutes in the oven at 400F. Enjoy warm or store in the fridge for 5-7 days. You can also freeze extras for a quick treat anytime of the day.
Sweet potato cookies by Carrie Moody.