- 1 ½ cups Swiss chard, leaves only (stems discarded), chopped
- 1 cup raw shredded beet
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp almond butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup soft chopped dates
- ¾ cup cacao powder
- ¾ cup milk of your choice
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts (optional, divided)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch pink Himalayan sea salt
- ½ cup gluten free flour of your choice: pea, quinoa, chickpea or other.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Peel and shred raw beets. Chop raw Swiss chard into small pieces.
- Mix oil, almond butter, chard, and beets in a bowl, then add honey and continue mixing. Add next 7 ingredients, mix well, and finish by adding flour. Keep some of the walnuts to put on the top of the brownie.
- Grease an 8 x 11 inch baking dish and pour in brownie “batter”. Add extra walnuts on top of batter.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Let cool 10-15 minutes before cutting and serving. Store in the refrigerator for 5-7 days or cut into 2 inch squares and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.