Swiss Chard Casserole
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 pound (~2-3 cups) shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps sliced
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs (see Pro Tip to add more nutrition)
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese (see Pro Tip to add more nutrition)
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds Swiss chard, stems discarded and leaves thinly sliced (~5-6 cups prepared)
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray a shallow 9-by-13-inch ceramic baking dish with non-stick spray. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook over high heat, turning once, until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a small bowl, toss bread crumbs with 1/4 cup of the cheese. In a large bowl, whisk eggs with the cayenne, 1 teaspoon of sea salt and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Stir in the Swiss chard and mushrooms.
- Pour mixture into the prepared dish and bake for about 20 minutes, until the eggs are just set around the edges. Sprinkle the panko on top and bake an additional 8-10 minutes, until the casserole is set and the topping is lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Bread crumb boost: Replace 3 Tbsp of the bread crumbs with Hemp Hearts for an additional 10g protein, 13g of unsaturated fats, and over 25% of your daily magnesium, manganese, and phosphorus needs.
- Parmesan boost: Replace ¼ cup of the Parmesan cheese with Nutritional Yeast for an additional 8g protein, 4g fiber, and over 100% of your daily b vitamin, folic acid, and pantothenic acid need.