Ingredients – Makes 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped (About ½ cup)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15.5-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until slightly soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the turkey and cook, crumbling with the back of a wooden spoon, until no trace of pink remains, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add entire can of tomatoes, rinsed and drained beans, bell pepper, tomato paste, 1½ cups water, chili powder, and 1¼ teaspoons salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes. Divide among bowls and enjoy.
Nutrition Booster: Avocado chunks. A ripe avocado cut into chunks and stirred into your chili will add a creaminess, plus boost healthy fats, fiber, and nutrients like potassium which may improve your overall heart rate by helping lower blood pressure.
Want a kick? Chop up one Chomps Jalapeno Turkey snack stick into small pieces and sprinkle on top. The contrasting texture will complement the chili while the jalapeno gives it a slight kick.