Ground turkey is a supremely Spartan pizza topping. Get after that protein with some lean meat on your pie.
Turkey Cranberry Pizza
Ingredients – Serves 2
- 2 whole wheat pita rounds
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 2 Tbsp raw spinach, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp green onion
- 1/2 cup ground turkey, cooked
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread cranberry sauce on each pita.
- Top with chopped spinach, green onions, ground turkey, and cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Tips: For a crispier crust, bake pita pocket for 3-5 minutes on each side, remove from oven, and complete steps 2-4.
Nutrition Booster: Sprinkle with hemp hearts during final 2 minutes of cooking to add healthy fats, fiber, protein, and a variety of vitamins and minerals.
Turkey Cranberry Pizza by Carrie Moody