A powerful snack that is simple to make: avocado and acorn squash fries is a snack or side to fuel your most demanding of days.
It’s also damn fine comfort food.
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 avocado, under-ripe
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp flour of your choice
- 1 teaspoon each paprika, basil, oregano, and garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut acorn squash in half, lengthwise. Use a spoon to remove the seeds. Cut the acorn squash between the ridges or about ¼-1/2 inch slices. Place in a large mixing bowl. Cut avocado into 1 inch lengths (shaped like thick cut french fries) and place in bowl with acorn squash.
- Pour olive oil in bowl and stir gently to coat.
In a shallow pan, combine the seasonings. Taking a couple pieces of squash and avocado at a time, dip into seasonings, turning to coat, and then transfer to parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat this step until all pieces are coated.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until coating is golden brown. Enjoy warm, or cool them and use as salad toppers